Tags: caffeine, contains, diseases, drink, drugs, example, green, health, kinds, lpr, medications, tea

LPR and tea

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Other - Diseases

2,173 words with 7 Comments; publish: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 05:30:00 GMT; (90046.88, « »)

Hi,

So tea also contains caffeine. Green tea, for example, which is why we shouldn't drink that, right? But what about other kinds of tea? Can you drink tea at all? I already see myself living off water and skim milk for the rest of my life.

Thanks, P.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 7 Comments
    • Peter,

I find that green tea is easier on my stomach than coffee, and in fact drink 8 oz of green tea every morning after breakfast. I don't seem to have any problems with this.

Anything with bubbles may cause you discomfort - be it champagne, soda, sparkling water. The bubbles are little acid launchers that help shoot the acid even further up your esophagous towards your larynx. I have found that defizzing sodas and sparkling waters for a few hours on the coutner, is effective in minimizing the problem. Drinking soda pop from a freshly opened can is sure to cause me discomfort. I've found that San Pelligrino water is less carbonated than soda pop, and letting it defizz takes less time than for soda.

#1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:32:00 GMT
    • Also, does sparkling or plain mineral water fall in the category of "sodas", which should be avoided?

Thanks, P.

Still water is fine (it may be the only thing that is).

#2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:33:00 GMT
    • I found decaf. green tea I use with raw honey, which also is suppossed to help the esophogus. Also herbal teas are fine.
      #3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:34:00 GMT
    • I drink tea almost all the time-I just got SO tired of water. Chamomille tea is really good for my LPR. I avoid black and white tea. Green tea seems to work well-although the decaf is probably a better choice. I also like the "Throat coat". I am also on the search for new teas that I can drink, so if others have suggestions, let me know, Skylar
      #4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:35:00 GMT
    • Peter,

Felt the same as you regarding just drinking water so I tried decaf tea and it gave me heartburn, so still looking.

#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:36:00 GMT
    • What about Postum? Is it okay to drink if you have LPR?
      #6; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:37:00 GMT

Unfortunately, I don't like herbal teas, I would rather drink water.

#7; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:38:00 GMT